Our All-Purpose Bread Mix makes an equivalent of 1.5 bags of our original prepared buns or bagels. It’s also shelf-stable up to 6 months and only requires some water, vinegar, and oil, making our bread mix extremely versatile and an incredible value.
- 1 bag Fox Hill Kitchens All Purpose Bread Mix
- 1¼ cups cool water
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¾ cup boiling water
- Add mix, cool water, vinegar and oil in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add boiling water and mix well to incorporate thoroughly, & continue to mix a bit more.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap (and a dish towel if desired). Let rise for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 4 hours to overnight for zero sugars. – Do not let rise in a bowl for baguettes & loaves. View loaves and baguette instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. (315 for convection) Tip: Lightly oiled hands or gloves make dough handling easier.
- Divide dough into 8 or 9 equal pieces for Small Bunz or 6 for Large Bunz
- Flatten each piece into a disk. For Small Bunz, 3-4 inches across. Approximately 5 inches across for Large Bunz.
- Bake on parchment paper or Silpat for 45-50 minutes for Small Bunz or 55-60 minutes for Large Bunz. NOTE: DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN until the minimum time has passed or the Bunz will collapse, so no mid-cook peeks! The dough is quite moist, so a little extra time in the oven is totally fine.
- Cool on a rack for at least 1 hr before storing in the fridge (5-7 days) or freezer (+5 months).