These are super easy to make and are great for adding to recipes such as stuffing, meatloaf, meatballs, crabcakes, and bread pudding.
- After step 4 (dough has rested for 4 hours), pat or roll into an approximately 16×9 inch rectangle.
- Cut into 3 smaller rectangular pieces and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 45 minutes in the temperature directed (335℉ or 315℉ convection).
- When cool the bread can be cut into cubes of desired size.
- For croutons, spread cubes on a sheet pan and dry in a low oven 200-225 degrees for a couple of hours until completely crispy. At this point, if desired, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.