Our All-Purpose Bread Mix makes 2 freshly baked loaves or baguettes.Estimated Cost of Additional Ingredients:
- Prepare mix as directed, except, reduce cold water to 1-⅓ cups and replace 1 TBS oil with ¼ cup oil. View basic bread mix instructions
- Split the mixed dough into 2 equal parts.
- Line your standard loaf or baguette pans with parchment and shape the dough into “logs” the length of your pans. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise for a min of 2 hrs and max of 4 hrs (4hrs, will bring dough to 0 sugars).
- Bake in preheated oven at 335℉ (315℉ convection) for 1hr 40min. (shorter time may result in a disappointing wet collapsed loaf. DO NOT OPEN OVEN During the first 1.5 hours.
Note: Some bakers are experiencing hollow loaves when trying to make “large” loaves. We are currently recommending that loaves and baguettes use an even half batch rather than the previous 1lb 4oz size. (This is a work in progress. Please send any feedback!)