SALE EXTENDED Get 10% off AND free shipping on all orders of six packages. Order as many times as you like. Six packages per order. Coupon code: “byob”
You can easily substitute cooked or canned tuna or salmon in this recipe. My recipes will usually have a lot of options so that you can experiment and use your favorite flavors or seasonings. The combination of Bunz blended with eggs and mayonaise gives them a lighter, moister consistency over using almond meal or coconut flour, and yet they remain low carb/keto friendly, paleo and gluten free.
- 1 pound cooked crab meat, (canned, drained is fine, but keep in mind canned fish will have more added salt) Or 3 – 6 ounce cans of tuna or wild salmon drained.
- 1 Large – Fox Hill Kitchens Bunz torn up
- 2 Eggs – pasture raised if available
- ½ cup – Mayonaise, homemade, or avocado oil preferably
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs of choice. Parsley, dill basil cilantro etc
- ⅓- ½ cup – chopped celery, peppers etc.
- 2 Tbs.- Scallions, shallots or onions, finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
chopped capers or olives
Or if you are going with Thai flavors – 1 tsp Thai curry paste, minced garlic, fresh lemongrass or kaffir lime leaves if available, and chopped fresh cilantro
Process bun in food processor then add eggs. Blend until somewhat smooth.
Add herbs, peppers, celery and scallion, Pulse to combine.
Gently fold in seafood. if using canned, try not to overmix, a few small chunks will give a better texture. Shape into small patties, not too thin. . I like to use a scoop to keep them consistent. You may make them any desired size, but as the mixture is moist you may not want to make them too large. A yield of 16 is a workable size. That is aproximately a ¼ cup scoop.
Fry over medium low heat in a generous amount of your fat of choice. Good options are coconut oil, ghee, avocado oil, or bacon fat. When nicely browned gently flip, and fry until done. They will firm up a bit but will remain tender.
Serve with sauce of your choice. I recommend, seasoned mayo with garlic hot sauce and herbs or homemade tartar sauce.